Gastroenterology Community
Neverending Abdominal Pain

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Neverending Abdominal Pain

Starting in Jan 2012, my bowels stopped working.  I stopped having my normal daily bowel movements.  I started having some pain or soreness in my kidney region or lower back.  After a while when I ate, I started having some abdominal discomfort which has now turned into extreme pain. In the beginning of may I had one bowel movement.  I had also sought care from my local ER.  They suggested miralax & a follow up with my primary.  Nothing has worked.  I have taken every laxative aid my Dr has presribed.  I eat lots of fruits and vegies and very rarely have any fried foods.  Now here in August I've only had one other bowel movement which was white in color.  My symptoms now are-extreme abdominal pain, bloating, extreme belching, gas, nausea, & fatigue.  Now everytime I eat I cry because of the pain.  There are times I feel like if I eat its going to be hours of agony and crying.  The 2 times I've had a bowel movement it is soft but thin like a string.  Xrays showed no blockage. I don't know what's wrong.  Please help me.
Did you tell your doc that your stool was white in color? If not, please tell him as soon as you can. The fecal material is 'colored' by the bile that is released into the duodenum. The yellowy-green color of the bile is acted on by enzymes in the small intestine and slowly turns the brown color we're all familiar with. A white stool may suggest that you're not releasing bile properly. Lack of proper release of bile could be contributing to some of the issues you're experiencing with the change in your bowel habits.
Yes I told my primary dr about the white color.  He didn't seem to concerned.  He did put in a few request for me to see a GI though I haven't received my referral as of yet. They also have me on prilosec though it seems to have no affect. I also take reglan 3 times a day. My burps are starting to have a rotten taste to them as well.  I was also curious to know if this could be caused by being poisoned or from stress?  In January I went through a very tramatic event.
Yes, please see a GI doc ASAP.  Surprised you didn't get a referral before now.  If you need a referral and finally get nor
E, try stressing the fact you ate in pain and would like to be seen ASAP.  Chronic constipation in itself can be dangerous.