Night time nausea and shakes/chills
For the last several weeks I have been getting nauseas every night almost to the verge of vomiting. Usually what happens is I get nauseas and then have a loose bowel movement and then I start to shake like i'm freezing. The only thing that usually helps is 1/2mg to 1mg of valium. Does anyone know what could cause this. I've been diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis since I was 14, i'm now 40. And this is not a usual symptom for me. It's awful because I don't want to eat anything because I'm afraid it will cause an episode.

This discussion is related to Chronic Nausea.
Are you having any discomfort in the upper right quadrant area? Some of what you are relating sounds a bit like a gallbladder issue.
I don't have a lot of pain, just mild gas like pans in my stomach area. mostly it's the nausea and shakes, and just in the evening.
Hi there,

Did you ever find out what the cause was?  I have these symptoms and nobody I spoke to knows the cause.
I have been going through these same symptoms at night for the last 6 months.   General doctor and urologist have no explanation, and I'm going to a gastroenterologist next week.