Nightly stomach pain
Previously I have woken in the middle of the night with sharp stomach cramps/pains which have gone away by drinking lots of water and releasing gas. Two weeks ago I had an episode of severe stomach pain and nausea, coupled with back pain, that lasted for a couple of hours and finally ended with vomiting, which started like the gas incidents but lasting much longer and with vomiting, I chalked this one up to food poisoning. I was feeling fine, apart from sore stomach muscles, until 4 days after I last vomited, found myself suddenly feeling nauseous and vomited again, after which I felt fine and was able to eat normally, if cautiously. A week later (last night), I felt fine until around 10.30 felt a bit of pain akin to all the previous events and so drank lots of water and tried to defecate, hoping it was gas. I was up all night with severe discomfort, not a specific pain in a specific area of the stomach, and had back pain that was similar to back pain during menstrual cramps. I was feeling slightly nauseous so against my better judgment, around 4 am decided to take ibuprofen. About an hour later I found myself vomiting and after vomiting, had much less discomfort and woke up feeling fine and a little hungry.

I'm not sure if this is all related or not - any help would be welcome!