Nissen Fundoplication and Hiatal Hernia
About 15 years ago I underwent laprascopic surgery for GERD after being diagnosed with Grade 4+ Ulcers in my esophageous. Heartburn had bothered me for years and the surgery benefited me greatly.
After about 5 years though symptoms returned and I became Anaemic due to a large Parasophageal Hiatus Hernia. I was operated on again (Laproscopically) the the symptoms ceased.
A couple of years after that the symptoms returned and I has another Hiatus Hernia, This time the operation had to "open" due to scar tissue from the first two operations. The Hernia was repaired and a mesh was used to prevent the hernia busting through the diaphram again.

Present day and the symptoms of reflux have returned as has a " Moderately Large" Parasophageal Hiatus Hernia.

I have also had many symptoms of bloating and a dumping type syndrome since the " Open" surgery, I feel tired often (not aneamic)

I suppose I will have to go under the knife again however was really wanting to know whether anyone has any experience with similar problems. particularly the recurring Hernia's. Why would a Hernia but through a mesh placed there to prevent this and if I am better off just having the Nissen reversed and suffering the Heartburn or trying to control it with medication..