Nissen Fundoplication> twice
Had my surgery twice, once Laparoscopic, which lasted 4 months.  Then by the same surgeon (which I trusted ,once again do the surgery ), he performed the Nissen Fundoplication surgery Open repair.  I have not had any problems or regretes.  I had GERD for so many years and was so tired of sleeping sitting up all of those years also.  I was very very careful on who I chose for my surgeon, and met him prior to setting up any date for the surgery.

I have no problems with sides affects, i guess I am one of the lucky ones.  I am so glad that my GERD, and the 10 to 12 pills a day, are no longer part of my life. My son is now having problems, he is 22yrs old.  He too will be having surgery soon .

This discussion is related to New Problems after Nissen Fundoplication.
I read your post about having the wrap undone in a couple of months, how did your doctor know that things had come undone?  I only have the lap Nissen about a month ago, and am already feeling like it is undone.  I felt so great in the hospital when things were swollen, but it seems that as soon as the swelling starting going down, I started feeling heartburn, chest pains, pains in the stomach and back all over again.  My surgeron thinks the wrap is too tight, and the pains are from food getting stuck, but I don't think so.  He is going to go back in there and try to stretch the opening, but I think it is undone or is too loose.  My question is how did doctor know it was undone?