Gastroenterology Community
No Gallbladder No Appendix Severe Pain under right rib to my back

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

5 years ago I had my appendix removed, less than a week ago I had my gallbladder removed, I am eating okay except lastnight I ate a payday that had nuts in it and I have pretty severe pain in my right side, localized under my rib and sometimes felt to my back, it started a few hours after I ate the payday candybar. The thing they have ran pancreas blood tests, i think liver blood work and I've had cat scans, I was scoped and they looked at my stomach and bowel and saw nothing but celiac disease for which for 2 months I have been gluten free, and no tests showed anything so they did a laproscopy and removed my gallbladder. After surgery I began eating with some normalcy except the payday candybar that has nuts and carmel that 3 hours later has been causing me pain under my right rib worsened when I move, laying down I feel okay but the pain is still there, I've had the pain or 16 hours now and its frustrating because I want to know what is wrong with me.... Why aren't the tests showing anything. At one time I had pancreatitus (pancreatitis) which was a year ago but I'm assuming it went away without treatment. This is also when all the symptoms started which the surgeon opted to take my gallbladder out. The symptoms I was having was pain under right rib to my back somewhat like now, and also had pain under my right side. The symptoms started after I would eat any fatty or cholestorel related foods. I lost 45lbs. I could only eat several things and this went on for a year til finally I begged the surgeon to remove my gallbladder. He did and all week I ate fine. But now the pain is back. But no nausea as of yet. Please help me help the doctors what to test for now. Thanx.
You may have to maintain a low fat diet after having your GB removed. Many people don't process fats the same way they did before the surgery and it can cause problems after the surgery. Not sure if that's the problem, but you may want to consider it.