No bowel movement
My wife has severe trouble going to the bathroom, no matter what type of laxative she uses it doesn't work, she goes 2 weeks and nothing. This can't be right, any suggestions. PS She has no gall bladder. Thanks in advance     John
Has she had any tests?  It sounds like she needs a colonoscopy.
See a doctor and let them figure out what tests she might need.  

In the meantime, there are things you can do at home.  Eat a fiber heavy diet: lots of whole grains and fresh fruits and veggies, oatmeal, popcorn.  There are also a number of good over the counter fiber supplements you can buy.  Fiber is nearly always a good thing for bowel problems.  Drink lots of water to soften the stool.  Exercise and movement can also sometimes help.  Since my mystery illness began, I found a heating pad on the tummy in the morning does wonders for getting a BM-- no idea why, it doesn't make any sense as far as I can tell, but it does seem to help me.  

Fast acting enemas are helpful in a real emergency, but I don't recommend using them as a first choice-- or even a second or third choice.  If your stools are hard and hard to move, they can tear things up pretty good when they come zooming out.  I always keep suppositories (sp?) around as part two of the fast acting enema.  
I agree with the above post.  Except, do not eat popcorn when you are constipated.  The little seeds can get clogged up in your intestines making it harder to get a bowel movement out.
I went thru this, and as a last resort before seeing my GI doctor I decided to try Activia Yogurt with the probiotics. Nothing helped me, enemas...nothing...suppositories nothing...laxatives....severe cramps and nothing.  I was sure something was wrong.  I started the Activia and at about the 10th day (they say to allow 14) everything returned to normal, and has been for 3 months now.  I don't eat it every day, maybe every 2-3 days.  We need the good bacteria to aid in our digestion and it contains the ones that are normally found in our intestines.  I would try this first, and then if she gets no results have her see a Gastroenterologist.  Hope this helps and take care.