Gastroenterology Community
No response to PPI anti acid

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

No response to PPI anti acid

Hello
I am 37 years old, mail.
In the last two weeks I am suffering from strong pain in my upper stomach.
I had ulcer before and I was trated with PPI medicen. This time, I am taking a PPI pill two times a day as before but there is no response. The pain is only increasing. What can be the reason?
thanks in advane
D. BD
It can depend on the med and the person. Not all meds work for each person, so you may have to change what you're taking. In some people it can also take a number of weeks before any change is noted despite manufacturer's saying they'll work in 2 weeks.

You may also want to consider following a GERD diet which can be of help.
Avatar n tn
Thanks for the answer. I think I have not made my self clear. The situation is that I am taking a PPI that worked perfectly for me in the past but this time is useless.
thanks again