Gastroenterology Community
Non specific proctitis
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Non specific proctitis

hi,

i had a frequent altered stool and my doctor asked me to do a colonoscope.   And the clinical finding were mucosa of the rectum appeared congested and biopsy results shown everything normal.  And the result they said is non specific procitits.   My doctor said results are very normal they said it is som thing like IBS.  I am not having any pain or blood in stool.  but i have mucus discharge once a day.  This is particulary after first bowl movement.  but i am hing 3-4 bowl movements a day.  Can some body explain what is non specific proctitis and ibs??  eventhogh it is not painful it is very irritating.    

This discussion is related to Proctitis.
Tags: IBS, irritable
Related Discussions
I cannot BELIEVE that your doc said that non-specific proctitis is similar to IBS! There is no way these two have anything in common. If that is seriously how he/she described it, I would suggest you consider consulting with another doc.

IBS is a diagnosis of exclusion - nothing is found in any tests. Non-specific proctitis is a different 'critter' altogether. Check this link: http://www.cssa.org.au/content/4/35
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...