Not Liver Transplant, but Liver concerns

I have an uncomfortable bloating feeling in my right upper abdomen (under rib cage) and a nagging ache/pain in my right middle back that sometimes has a numbness or tingling feeling. Mainly on my right side, but sometimes on both sides. I have had various test to reveal nothing. CT-scan, colonoscopy, ultrasound. I drink wine every evening. I would say I drink close to a bottle every night and on the weekends maybe a little more. I know that it isn't good for me and I am trying to cut down. I have shared my concerns with my doctor. My blood tests have come back normal. They said my liver enzymes are perfect. Is it possible that a damaged liver would not show up in routine blood work? The doctor told me that if my liver was so damaged that it hurt, that it would show up in blood work. Is this true? Is there any test you would recommend for me? I also have very loose, dark stools all the time.
i am unsure of why you are having this discomfort--it almost sounds like mild pancreatitis which could also be from alcohol.  your doc is right that invariably the liver blood tests would be abnormal if you were causing liver damage. it sounds like you should definitely cut back your drinking though.  they have done a colonoscopy but sometimes the colon can look normal and biopsies are needed to exclude forms of colitis.  i know several patients who do complain of such symptoms specifically with alcohol use which may mean you are having a reaction to the intake. you should be encouraged that all of the tests are negative so far thank God.

i hope this is helpful
Thank you for responding to my concerns. It relieved some of my anxiety! And I will cut back on the drinking! Thank you again!
wishing you the best of luck