Gastroenterology Community
Oily orange drops in stool

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Oily orange drops in stool

I am about to get tested for endoscopy and colonoscopy in two days because I've been having some symptoms since 3 years ago with my stomach and my lower abdominal. My mom assumes it was because of stress and still is.  Yesterday I had orange oil type of thing in my stool after I went and I thought it was not a big deal. Today it happened again only a bit worse. It stained my pantie at first and thought that it came from my vagina but it actually was from my colon? Plus, I missed a month of my period and I've been getting cramps in my stomach everywhere and my lower back. And I don't know if this is beneficial to this case, but this morning when I woke up my lower back started to ache a lot... Does the oily discharge got to do anything with my current condition? I eat perfectly normal/healthy too.
The oily discharge could indicate fat malabsorption. Hopefully the endoscopy, colonoscopy and any blood tests should start to narrow down the cause. two issues that can produce malabsorption symptoms are pancreatic issues and celiac disease.