Ongoing Back Left Side Pain
I have been having ongoing back pain on my left side for about a year now.  It feels like someone is stabbing me in the back.  The pain is severe at times and sometimes generates around to my pelvic region.  It feels like contractions and has continued for 14 months now.  I do have kidney stones, but they are not passing and have been told unless they are in the urinary tract, I would not have pain.  My left kidney is also scarred from a kidney disease when I was little.  There are times when I don't feel as if I can stand up with this pain.  I usually take Tylenol, but it doesn't really help.  These "attacks" usually last several hours.  They mainly happen at night, after dark, but do happen during the day, as it is today.  I've been to the ER and doctors.  Had IVP, KUB, Pelvic Ultrasound.  All of these test confirm kidney stones, but doctors have no explanation for pain.  This is becoming very irritating and would like to know if maybe I've been looking in the wrong direction.  Could this be gastric or possibly something to do with pinched nerve.  I'm out of ideas on what is causing this pain and need some direction

This discussion is related to Lower left side (flank) back pain every 5-7 days.