Ongoing digestive issues
I have been having a combo of constipation and diarrhea/loose stools (more often than not) for weeks now.  I am taking Align and fiber, and nothing really seems to help.  I stopped eating dairy, drinking only Lactaid, was tested for celiac, and it came back negative.  I have a lot of gas, stomach pains, just generally feeling badly.  Day to day, I never know how I am going to feel, whether if I what I eat will make my stomach upset, it is exhausting.  I am wondering if I just have basic IBS (by suggestion of my primary doc) or if there is something else going on with me... could it be sensitivity to some foods possibly?  I have struggled with this on and off for most of my adult life (I am 32 now) and just want to figure out what is going on.  I am so tired of living like this.  Any suggestions?
Welcome to the gastroenterology community!  It does sound like you could have IBS.  It could also be a food intolerance and you can try eliminating different foods from your diet to see if any of those changes help.
I would get tested for food allergies. You could also try an elimination diet of such foods like all wheat, soy, and others at separate times. It could also be a bacterial overgrowth or a parasitic infection. You could get a blood test to check if you have eosinophilia. A stool test could help determine if you're having parasites.