Gastroenterology Community
Onset AGE?

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Onset AGE?

My daughter is 4 and the Pathology report is stating possible GS.  The physician is treating  it at GS and we are underway with many specialist and in a couple of weeks a gentics specialists. I want to know if there is a certain onset age for people and is my daughter one of the youngest?  She has four cysts on her head, one in her neck around an artery, one on each heal, and recently one in her thigh.  We will see a Gastroenterologist on Monday to set up testing to check on poylps in her colon.  Please send us as much information as you can tell me.
Hi there!

I assume you are referring to Gardner’s Syndrome. The syndrome is usually diagnosed around ones mid-20’s, though symptoms may commonly develop around 10 years of age. At the age of 4 years, your daughter would probably be younger among the lot.
Hope this information helps.

Take care!
I am in need to contact someone to help me set up a 504 plan for Gardners syndrome for my daughter so she is covered.