Gastroenterology Community
PCOS and Nausea

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

PCOS and Nausea

I suffer from Polycystic Ovary syndrome and have been prescribed Metformin in the past, due to being overweight (14 stone and measuring 5ft) I can not be prescribed contraceptive pills for symptom management.

I stopped taking the metformin about 2 years ago, due to side effects, however since then I have found that I am getting nautious in the mornings, dry heaving and generally no appetite before around 2pm. The thought of eating at all, will make me almost vomit, however having nothing in my system makes this very painful and disturbing.

In the last 2 months, I have found that the nausea is lasting well into the evenings, which has meant that there are days where I can not ingest anything other than small amounts of water until early evening time.

I am certain the nausea is not being helped by the lack of nutrients I am getting, and also my PCOS is not improving even with 5 nights a week in the gym due to my body thinking it is being starved.

My doctor is not all that helpful and seems to think that the nausea and PCOS is all related to me being an ex heroin addict (5 years clean this weekend - no use of needles ever).  He feels that not following a 12 step program has left me with some kind of issues, which is of course ridiculous.  I am in the middle of changing GPs now, but really need some advice on how to get through the day as the nausea is getting worse.

Please help!  :)
Tags: nausea, PCOS