Gastroenterology Community
PLEASE HELP ME!

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

PLEASE HELP ME!

Hi ,My daughter is a normal 12 year old girl. But just yesterday she started experiencing Very  sharp intense pains in her sternum area and in her back. We gave her Tylenol and ibuprofen and just thought it was a muscle ache. But around 3am last night she woke up again doubled over in pain crying her eyes out. Whe she sits or stands or even lays in any position it hurts.  Im very worried i have no idea what could be wrong with her. But i  don't think a pain that bad that she is experiencing could just be an old fashioned  muscle ache. Im thinking about calling her pediatrician  But i dont want it to  end up being a  muscle ache. She has also lost her appetite and she keeps getting cold sores, shes never ever gotten em before, now shes getting em all of the sudden.

This is probably not a muscle pain. Call your doc and take her in to see him/her. In the meantime, discontinue the ibuprofen just in case it has anything to do with her stomach. Ibuprofen is not good for stomach issues.

Is there anyone in your family with a history of GERD or gallbladder issues? Any other forms of GI issues?
Who cares if it ends with muscle ache? I was thinking that once for myself - I went to the doctor next morning, and it was - spontaneous pneumothorax!

I was also thinking on GERD. Aspirin and tramadol can do it worse, try with paracetamol, if you have it, but just go to the doctor. Gastroscopy will probably be needed, but don't scare your daughter with this at this point.