Gastroenterology Community
"POP" sound in the left side of the abdomen

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

My friend is a 43 years old male and is healthy overall. No cholesterol, blood pressure or constipation problems at all. Lately, however he has been experiencing something quite strange. On his left side of the abdomen there are these kinda popping sounds, I mean they are loud. I was talking to him and I was able to hear it, It was like a "POP". Also, he said that it feels like something moves down his intestines, sort of like the sound of a drain being unclogged (that is what he said). Also, he gets bloated and hurts. He is not constipated and goes to the bathroom once a day (I mean to do number two). I am wondering if this is something he should be worried about and consult a doctor?, or if it is something common. Please let me know what do you think it is. Thanks
I have typically the same symptoms, I wish to know what is that
I have the same - for the last couple of weeks plus some perhaps related slight pain in the same left area of the lower abdomen.  I'm 40 year old female.  
Have a Gastro question?
100,000+ doctor answers