PPI side effects...how long do they last after stopping use?
Hi all,

I went in to my GI doc, and to keep things short, an endoscopy revealed some mild non-erosive gastritis and esophagitis... so the doc suggested I try nexium for a while. But after a few days I started having palpitations, trouble taking in a full breath, and some anxiety. I then switched to prilosec for about 6-7 days. however, I still felt awful.

I stopped the drugs 2 days ago, but I was wondering if these side effects were common....and how long after stopping the drug will they subside?

hope this makes sense...thanks for any input
ive been on a bunch of ppis over the past year and i stopped about 3 months ago and am still battling with spasms/twitching mostly in abdomen , and occasional heart palpitations but those have improved,
im stuck now because i have terrible stomach pain and gastritis which i was told to take ppis for but then i get the horrible side effects

i dont know what to do