Gastroenterology Community
PROBLEMS AFTER COLONOSCOPY
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

PROBLEMS AFTER COLONOSCOPY

Hi,
I had a colonoscopy two days ago, and I am experiencing severe back pain, lower quandrant left side. It started on right side and moved to left side. I have taken two steroid enemas so far, but haven't had a bowel movement. nHave evacuated a lot of blood and mucous. I am taking 3 asocol tablets three times a day.  I can handle the pain etc. but i am worring that there might be something else wrong.  I cannot contackt my doctor as this is  the wekend, and am considering going to ther ER room, but feel stupid if this is normal re3action after a colo0noscopy.  Can anyone out thedre help me, or have had similar problems.  Thanks so much for your response.
Tags: colonoscopy, Back pain, help
Related Discussions
  • Please help (1 replies):
    Hi, I have been in sever pain for about a year now. I am...[more]
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
881463_tn?1245349249
U should go to the ER to ensure there is no perforation, which requires surgery. They are rare and its probably not that but it can happen, best to be safe and see what the emerg doctor says. good luck
Blank
865524_tn?1239295217
Hi Mark,

Thanks so much for the advice.  I went to the ER with my problem as you suggested.  I had a low grade fever, they took uririe and blood samples. I told them i felt like there might be a blockiage also, so they took x-rays of my stomach and back.

My blood and urikne samples showed a high wbc (Iindicative of an infectio9n)

The X-ray showed no problems. A culture from the urine indicated a urinary tract infection.  They put me on anti-biotics, cranberry juice and discharged me. I was in the ER room for almost 4 hrs.

I feel much better now, and the pain has susbsided a lotl

Thank you so much, maybe you should be a doctor!!!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...