Pain After Colonoscopy
I am writing to see if it is normal to have pain in the upper left stomach area after a colonscopy.  I had one before with no pain.  Everything went well and I was fine until the next day.  My stomach is bloated and it feels like someone punched my side. ???  I have had a gastric bypass earlier this year... so I am not sure if it is a combo of the two.
hi, some doctors are more gentle than others, also if you didnt use the prep properly and didnt clean the colon thorougly then some doctors finding it difficult to look try and push the stools away, also the left side of the colon has a bend and many people complain of pain around that area after a colonoscopy, i wouldnt be over worried about it, if after a month the pain persists then ofcourse go back and see your gp.
I had my colonoscopy in August 08 and I still hurt where I did before the procedure. They took out a large polyp. But after the procedure I had new pain on my left side which to this day still hurts greatly at times. I cant afford any more doctors.
Hi, I just had a second colonoscopy. The first was fine. I used a different prep the second time and it took a long time to work. I was up all night. After I woke up from the procedure, I noticed a pain/tenderness in my left side. It has not gone away, even though I have been passing gas. It really hurts sometimes after I eat. I am just overall uncomfortable.
I had both endoscopy & colonoscopy performed last Tuesday.  When I left the hospital I had a dull ache in my LUQ with tenderness.  Unfortunately, due to FMS/CFS I was unable to get up and move around a lot due to severity of pain through out my body and LUQ.  No fever, no bleeding, no diahrreha and no vomitting.  I did have edema of both my feet up to my thighs.  It was aweful.  I could barely walk around.  Two -three days later the swelling went down and I am up and around.  I still have a sharp pain tha radiates around my LUQ and LLQ.  Upon taking a normal and deep breath it hurts like h_ll!

Did anyone else who had both procedures experience the same pain and edema of both leggs after this procedure?

Thanks!

Tanycase_tanya***@****
Questions all others prior mild soreness in areas, like bends and such that can be tender or where polyps were. But this time I had trouble getting up and moving. I was in so much pain and am still in mild - severe pain about a 6-8 and that is with taking 4 mg oral Hydromorphone and it has been 3 days. This normal for someone with a lot of inflammation? I only ask because I was not in this much pain after any of my other 10 colonoscopies