Gastroenterology Community
Pain After Eating

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Pain After Eating

For the past month I have been having difficulties after eating.  Symptoms include pain in left flank, pain in lower left abdomen, pain in lower right abdomen, feeling bloated, feeling full after eating very little, flatulence, belching, a lot of gurgling noise in my stomach, nausea that comes and goes and loose stools that float to the surface, sometimes with mucus in the stool.  I have tried sticking to bland foods but it doesn't seem to help.  I have lost approximately 14 poounds in the past month. I recently had an upper and lower scope and was diagnosed with a hiatal hernia, acid reflux and diverticulosis.  I was prescribed Nexium but had a bad reaction to it.  I am 40 years old and slightly overweight.  I am very worried that these symptoms are not going away and are causing me a lot of problems with eating.  I also suffer from anxiety.  Any information you can give would be very appreciated.
I am so sorry for everything you are going through.  My entire family has the worst digestive issues ever, including myself.  My son was diagnosed with cancer, me simply gallstones.  My daughter IBS, severe IBS.  The doctor gave her tons of meds, including Nexuim however they took her off of it and replaced it with something similiar because they stated alot of people had problems with that medication.  Well her symptoms persisted and she would always call in the middle of night, vomiting and not going to the bathroom regualry.  They did an endoscopy and almost did not find that she had a really bad bacterial infection.  They said they almost missed it.  They put her on more meds, including tons of anti-biotics and about 1 month later she was fine.  She still has IBS and watched what she eats, but has lost alot of weight.  That made her happy. She as well had panic attacks because she had no clue what was going on.  Stress and worrying can do that to you.  But they medicated her for that as well.  She has not had a another episode like that again.  It has been 3 yrs ago.  

I really do hope they find what is going on.