Gastroenterology Community
Pain and sinking ribcage?!

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Pain and sinking ribcage?!

Pain under lower right rib cage?
Theres a hard to explain pain that I keep getting in a very certain area, underneath my right lower ribcage. If age is any factor, I am nineteen years old. It sometimes feels like a shallow burning pain, sometimes a sharp stabbing/or burning pain.. It usually comes in short bursts and then whenever that pain insnt there it just feels like my rib is bruised or skin is sunburnt there, though it looks completely fine.. Sometimes it will radiate to my back directly oposite of the front- the pain and burning. It started about a week ago with just a few dull pains I didnt think much about but it seems to be getting worse and happening more often each day.
The strangest thing I cant find out about anywhere is I have noticed that my right ribs seems to be sunken in somehow, almost like there is an indent right where I feel the pain at. Its noticable to feel, and you can also see it if you look. Its scaring me because I know it hasnt ever been like that before.. can anyone give any advice??
Id also like to know if its an urgent thing, i have already gone to the a general doctor, who is just as puzzled as I am. Told me to wait.

My ribcage seems to be sinking on the right side more each day. Its actually visibly noticeable. and the pain is worsening. I NEED AN ANSWER PLEAAAASE
I am too suffering from rib pain and it is no doubt getting more and more panic I do have to consult with doctor and I did it but not getting any proper consult so I just want to know where I should go and to consult.

Thanks!
Ask your doctor if this could be biliary dyskenisia or a low functioning gall bladder. Blood work and liver function test will be normal. They can do an upper right quadrant (URQ) ultrasound, which will come out normal. Then, they need to do a HIDA scan with CCK, that will tell if you have a properly functioning gallbladder. They measure how much bile the GB discharges over a 20 minute period. It is a long test, around 2 hours. A normally function GB will have an ejection fraction of 75%, anything below 35% is consider abnormal.

I have suffered from this for 22+ years and only had it correctly diagnosed 2 years ago. It has come and gone over the years. In the last 6 months it has become a constant source of pain and discomfort. I am trying to get a surgeon to take it out.

Reta