Gastroenterology Community
Pain and slight bruising below my left rib cage.

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

I have a area about 2 inches below my left rib cage that is bruised and feels like a rug burn when I touch it.

It is right where my skin has a crease from excess skin. It is slightly darker like a bruise, but it just will not go away.

Has been going on since earlier this year. I had a CT scan back around May and a Endoscopy and they found nothing.  Had a colonoscopy in early January right before my gall bladder surgery and it was clean.

I have a history of digestive problems. Diverticulitis, etc. I had my gall bladder removed, so unless I eat low fat or a lot of fiber then my bowel movements are an adventure.

It's just really bugging me that it will not go away. Sometimes it feels like my lower ribs are hurting, but it's so hard to tell.  All I know is it just will not go away.

My regular doctor will not see me anymore. He keeps saying that me rubbing it is just keeping it going, I rub Vitamin E lotion on it, but that's it.

It just will not go away. Could this be internal or just a constant skin irritation?

Like I said it's right where the skin crease is at.
Have you tried seeing a dermatologist?  Have you tried wearing only cotton shirts, in case a certain type of fabric makes it worse?
My wife mentioned a dermatologists.

With the line of irritation right at the crease in my skin makes me think it's skin related.

Plus me rubbing it all the time isn't helping. Some times it feels like it burns, other times it feels bruised.

So hard to tell.  I've been checked for everything under the sun, so I'm pretty sure it's nothing internal, I guess.

With it just going on for so long makes you wonder why and what it is.

I go see a new doctor next week. I'm just going to ask his advice.

I can tell you i've used Vitamin E lotion, gold bond ointment on it and it still hurts.

My wife says I've just rubbed it to the point to where it's bruised.

Maybe she's right. Stress doesn't help things and I'm always stressed.