Gastroenterology Community
Pain around belly button since lap
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Pain around belly button since lap

Since my laproscoopy in Nov., I've had consistent pain around my belly button. A month after my surgery, I developed an infection in my belly button with an abscess forming in the incision. That has since cleared up, but the pain is still there. I've also been consistently bloated, especially around my belly button, ever since the surgery- which NEVER has happened before. This is my third lap. Also since the surgery, I've had recurring issues with constipation, heart burn around an hour after I eat, and waves of nausea.

Any idea what could be going on? I just want the pain and bloating to go away.
Related Discussions
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Forgot to add lower back pain to the list...
Blank
You could have a hurnia. I would ask dr for an MRI
Blank
82861_tn?1333457511
Yep, it could be a hernia, or complications from scar tissue.  The hernia should show on CT scan, but adhesions won't.
Blank
Thanks for the reply. My OB/GYN is thinking the same thing so I had an abdominal cat scan on Monday. I won't know the results until he gets back from vacation in a few weeks.

It's so frustrating because I workout a lot, am otherwise healthy, in good shape and toned... except, now, for this bloating around my belly button.
Blank
I have an umbilical hernia.  It came from coughing a lot last winter while my stomach was distended from the Irritable Bowel Syndrome I have.  The gastroenterologist told me what it was, when I told him it hurt at my belly button.  He checked me over just before my colonoscopy, because I wanted him to know about the pain there before the procedure began.  I think some people have hernias operated on, but for me, it's small and doesn't hurt much anymore, so I just have this bulge next to my belly button.  I think hernias are from a group of muscles getting pulled loose.  You mentioned your lower back hurting.  Mine does, too, and is aggravated by my bloating.  Bloating puts a lot of pressure on the spine, because the tummy is hanging off it, instead of being held in by the muscles.  Kind of like a pregnant woman has low back pain.  I am concerned about you, though, because you had an abscess and now you have indigestion.  Ask your doctor about the situation of your indgestion as relates to the abscess.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank