Gastroenterology Community
Pain in my right side underneath the rib cage.

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Hi there,
I have been having a constant pain/pressure underneath the rib cage on my right side for just over a month now. I went in to see my doctor and the did blood work and a UA test and both of those came back fine. Then I had a abdominal ultrasound done and that came back just fine also. It tends to get a little worse when I drink or eat fatty foods. I am going to schedule an appointment for a HIDA Scan here with in the next week. If anyone could help that would be great. It also tends to make my back hurt wen I move in certain ways or suddenly.

Thank You
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi, hope hepatitis has been ruled out. It can cause pain and jaundice. The other causes could be gastritis, peptic ulcer disease and GERD. Disorders of the spleen and colon could also cause pain. Kidney disorders too produce colicky and sharp pain. Sometimes anxiety with flatulence can cause this pain. Have the HIDA scan done and discuss these options with your doctor. Regards.