Gastroenterology Community
Pain in navel after surgery

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Pain in navel after surgery

I had a resection of my sigmoid colon about two and a half months ago. Everything went very well, the surgery and my recovery.I've been feeling fine but in the past few days a pain has started in the area of my navel. Nothing that bad, but it worsens when I lie down. Hasn't kept me from sleeping. I can feel tiny little swellings around my navel. Is this cause for concern ?

Thanks,

Edge
You should call your surgeon.  He will probably want to see you to check it out and make sure there isn't an abscess or infection going on.  
I called my surgeon's office on Friday. They called back today (obviously they felt this no great cause for concern) but I told them that the pain in fact had subsided considerably. They advised me to just continue to monitor the situation and if the paid returns or worsens to come in and let my surgeon look me over.

Thanks for the kind advice.