Pain in rectum
I'm 24 yr old heterosexual male.  It's hard to explain but sometimes i will get pains in my rectum.  They occur maybe 1-2 times a month for a couple of years now.  Sometimes i will wake up in the middle of the night when the pain has just begun... 15 minutes later it's at it's peak of pain and that will last about 20 minutes at it's peak, until it finally slows down to a stop.  It's very hard to describe it but it feels almost like a severe charlie horse in my rectum.  I've been to a proctologist and he basically said he couldn't find anything wrong and for him to properly diagnose it i would have to be there when it happens.  I've tried to notice patterns of when it happens: Most often i will be awaken in the middle of the night with the pain and i usually have an erection when i wake up.  Second most often is about an hour or so after sex.  Other than that it can happen any random time when i'm not doing anything specific. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!!
Have you had a coloncoscopy?
No i have not.
Hello, i am a new member, i havebeen searching what is wrong with my for years. I am a 25 yrs old hetero male and what you described in your post as pain in rectum is the first thing that was spot on what i think i have...I know its been a long time since you have made that post but i hope you will get this and was wondering ifyou found out what the problem was, PLEASE HELP, i cant take this crap anymore....thank you
Please post your question as its own post because this one is so old.
The writer has described in exact pain my girl friend gets, looked over several post and many similar male and female issues but no replies ?
It's possible it could be proctalgia fugax which is also I believe called levator syndrome/pain. It's described as a severe pain in the rectum that can last for seconds to many minutes. You may want to check into the possibility that is the issue, supposedly caused by a cramp of the pubococcygeus or levator ani muscles. But it's something you can't guess at. She should check with her doctor.