Gastroenterology Community
Pain in ribs, under sternum
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Pain in ribs, under sternum

Hi. Recently I've been having pain in my ribs, on both sides. No pain in my back, really. They hurt to press on them, especially the lower ones, and especially their tips. I also have slight discomfort just below my sternum. Pressure there makes me uncomfortable.

Sometimes it makes me lose my appetite, but other than that, no symptoms. No fever, no nausea, etc. When I lay down, I have to lay on my back. The rib pain makes laying on my side or chest very uncomfortable.

I've also been really gassy recently. I often feel like I have to belch, and I often do. It seems to bring a little relief when it happens. My stomach is always gurgling, making all kinds of weird noises. No stomach pain, tho.

And while I say I have no appetite, I still can eat. I just don't have any desire to.  Am I just gassy? Will this go away soon? It's been going on for about 2 weeks now.
Related Discussions
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
It has seemed to improve over the last 3 or 4 days. Will this go away by itself?

I'm a 25 year old male, btw.
Blank
bump
Blank
Welcome to the gastroenterology community!  Gas or heartburn wouldn't cause it to be painful to touch.  Do you remember injuring yourself sometime?
Blank
1733249_tn?1310310165
Wow, you sound like me.  Pain in my center chest (sternum). Slight pain under ribs. Belching.  Also I have bloated feeling.   Went to ED and mentioned "chest pain".  Wow that was a mistake,  But, they did check everything having to do with the heart and all came back normal.   Do you have any more info on your problem?
Blank
I've had this bad pain lodged at the top of my tummy below my breast wot can it be it's really uncoufertable wot can I do I had it for two days it doesn't go at all
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...