Pain in ribs, under sternum
Hi. Recently I've been having pain in my ribs, on both sides. No pain in my back, really. They hurt to press on them, especially the lower ones, and especially their tips. I also have slight discomfort just below my sternum. Pressure there makes me uncomfortable.

Sometimes it makes me lose my appetite, but other than that, no symptoms. No fever, no nausea, etc. When I lay down, I have to lay on my back. The rib pain makes laying on my side or chest very uncomfortable.

I've also been really gassy recently. I often feel like I have to belch, and I often do. It seems to bring a little relief when it happens. My stomach is always gurgling, making all kinds of weird noises. No stomach pain, tho.

And while I say I have no appetite, I still can eat. I just don't have any desire to.  Am I just gassy? Will this go away soon? It's been going on for about 2 weeks now.
It has seemed to improve over the last 3 or 4 days. Will this go away by itself?

I'm a 25 year old male, btw.
bump
Welcome to the gastroenterology community!  Gas or heartburn wouldn't cause it to be painful to touch.  Do you remember injuring yourself sometime?
Wow, you sound like me.  Pain in my center chest (sternum). Slight pain under ribs. Belching.  Also I have bloated feeling.   Went to ED and mentioned "chest pain".  Wow that was a mistake,  But, they did check everything having to do with the heart and all came back normal.   Do you have any more info on your problem?
I've had this bad pain lodged at the top of my tummy below my breast wot can it be it's really uncoufertable wot can I do I had it for two days it doesn't go at all
I've had a bloated abdomen with a constant pain under my ribs on the right. It hurts to breathe, nausea, for a few months I could not eat or I would vomit, so I lived on ensure drinks. I have burning sensations in my chest, headaches, thirst, constipation part of the week and diarrhea the rest, chronic fatigue, peeling on the palms of my hands and swelling and numbness in my legs, feet and fingers. After blood tests, a cancer scare, endoscopy, colonoscopy, etc, they said IBS and then tried to fill me with depression medications after passing me around from one dr to another. Oh did I forget to mention it's been 2 years now! I gave up on going back. I'm now consulting with the Mayo Clinic because I have a busy life and this has conflicted with a normal existence.