Gastroenterology Community
Pain in right abdomen, triggered when i smoke

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

im a 17 yr old male and i have had pains all in my right abdomen for the last month and it seems it elevates when i smoke. it also shakes like a muscle spasm but what does smoking have to do with my muscles? anyways i would love some info cuz its starting to worry me. thanks.
Have you seen a dr yet? what came to my mind is smoking is a stimulate,just as caffine too,and in people with senstitive bowels(ibs) those stimulates can cause colon to contract.I found cutting back on smokes (trying to quit) and caffine helps alot with the painful cramping and rapid contracting of the colon but you should still see dr,sounds like ibs which isnt serious but just annoying! Good luck to you..and Have a Happy New Year!