Pain in the left upper abdomen moving to the back
I have a dull pain on the left side of the abdomen for a few months. Sometimes the pain moves to the back and under the ribs.  I had an endoscopy done three years ago and a colonscopy in Nov. last year. Results were negative.  What could be the cause be and treatment required. Thanks.    
I am not qualified to give advice, but I would suggest you see your Gastro Dr for more tests.  I have had numerous surgeries and only have my Jejunum small intestines connected to Illeostomy bag.  My Illeum was removed, so I do not know correct term now.  When my entire Colon was removed I was told they found my Colon in a reverse loop around my spleen where it should have been a smooth curve in the upper left quadrant.  So with all my problems as fecal matter would pass and gas would build up and was partially being blocked by my defective Colon, I also had another loop on the right where it was supposed to be straight, I always had pain and cramping.  It got worse over the years.  I was told they were birth defects, but it was not detected with normal tests.  I had a severe blockage, Toxic Mega Colon, rupture and gangreneous infection.  They said my Colon was so stretched out, redundant and non functioning.  It almost killed me, but I had problems and pain for 30 years and survived.  If they had known years before then, maybe I would not have as many continueing health troubles.  If you are having pain and cramping that continues or returns, then it is not normal.  Linda