Gastroenterology Community
Pain lower right

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Pain lower right

I have been having pain in my lower right side for about 6 months.  Around that time, I began having heartburn too which could be totally unrelated.  I have had an endoscopy, upper GI, gall bladder scan, colonoscopy, and a CT.  The CT showed swelling in the small intestine but the coloscopy was normal.  The GI encouraged me to see the Gyn to rule out any of that.

I had an ultrasound of the ovaries which showed a cyst on the left side.  The gyn seemed to think I may have endometriosis so I had surgery for that.  Turns out, I had minor endometriosis on the left side & it was taken care of.  She thought she saw that my appendix was swollen so I had that removed next.

Turns out the appendix was normal but I had an adhesion so my cecum had adhered to the abdominal wall.  3 weeks post-op, I am still in pain on the lower right side.  The pain used to be pretty dull but has gotten sharper.  I do not know what to do next.  Anyone have suggestions?