Gastroenterology Community
Pain under the Rib Cage
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Pain under the Rib Cage

My questions is:  Does this sound like Gallbladder problems or liver diease?  I am a 55 yr old women that has complained over the last 4 years about pain under the right rib cage (or a bloated full feeling) and have had numberous test to conferm the problem.  My Gastro says gallbladder needs removing and my internest says "no" just hormones.   I have periods of time where my gums hurt and bleed, I have yeast infections and my stomach hurts and under the rib cage hurts.  I just recently went on a trip, did not have a "bm" for 2 days (which is unsual for me) went out to eat and ate reasonable (Shrimp Louie Salad for lunch) ( Sirloin tips, rice and asparagas for dinner)  had a few drinks ( a Martini around 6:00) ( a glass of red wine 9:00) (a Frangelica around 10:00)  Went to bed slept sound until 4:20 woke up sick, dizzy, headache.  I had 4 small glasses of water began to throw-up, I had a large amount of food undigested tasted very bitter and burned my throat.  I have had this happen to me before, same situation.  Eat food early in evening and throw-up hours and hours later.  I drink or did every day a glass or 2 of wine the Martini and Frangelica was an exception.  I just recently started taking hormones which my gyno suggested and I have not felt the greatest I assumed it might be related, but I have been having problems for 4 or 5 years with the hurting under the rib cage.  I had "MRI's and CAT and they determined that I have some liver cysts that my internest says are heritary, and also a Hemigenoma.  My doctor has not suggest any recommendations to make me feel better.  Did not say stop drinking,  I wonder if having my gallbladder out will have a negative affect on my liver?