Gastroenterology Community
Pain where ribs meet

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Pain where ribs meet

For the last two days I have had a pain were my rib cages meet. It almost feels like it is directly under them. I just woke up yesterday morning and felt this way.  I feel SO HUNGRY TOO! Which is not very typical for me. Then I eat...and ever bite seems to affect the area. I also have some pretty sharp stomach pains for time to time. I took four charcoal pills today to see if they would help, but they didn't so much. I am a missionary living in Belize City, Belize CA and I really don't want to got the Dr. here unless I must. Thanks in advance.
It sounds like reflux.  You should try a medicine like prilosec or prevacid (over the counter) and see if that helps.  If that doesn't help you should see a doctor.