Pale colored stool
Since about two weeks ago, my stool has a pale color, beige or yellowish. It is as solid as usual, it sinks and it doesn't appear to be oily. I haven't change my diet so I was concerned for the change in stool color, and went to a GI doctor. He seems to be knowledgeable and with enough experience.
Anyway, he told me not to worry, that my case was perfectly normal. He said that as long as the stool is not softer, there is nothing to worry about. On the other hand, everywhere I read in internet, says that pale colored stool is allays an issue. Often a complicated issue, but then my doctor didn't ask for any further tests.
Should I just take it easy and obey the doctor, or should I ask for a second opinion? Should I worry?
Thanks for the help.
This is usually indicative of a liver problem.  Since it has continued to be this color for two weeks now, I would want a second opinion.  It's common knowlege like you said, that this kind of change in bowel color needs to be looked into.  Always remember also, the medical student that graduated at the bottom of his class is called "doctor".
Bile is the substance that causes the 'brown' that we've come to associate with a normal stool color. If your body isn't putting out bile due to spasms or an obstruction in the common bile duct, the stool color can change to a very light color - whitish or grayish. Changes in the release of bile can indicate problems. I would suggest you go back to this doc and discuss the issue or get a second opinion. Make sure to ask for a blood panel that will look at both liver and pancreatic enzyme levels.
Don't be fullish by what doctor say. To many times doctors are wrong. Do your blood test and change the doctor. Go to see naturalist since this people really want to help and try to find what is wrong with you. Do something before it's to late. It's your life and your health, do what's right for you..take care..