Gastroenterology Community
Pale stools, lots of gas and diahrrea

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Pale stools, lots of gas and diahrrea

About 4 weeks ago, a week before my daugher's wedding, (of course under a lot of stress) I starting having more atrial fib attacks, and I read where taking taurine would help calm those type of arrythmias such as a-fib, so I bought me some and took about 100-200 mg a day for a week.  Then I started having very watery diarrhea, which was bright yellow and lots and lots of gas and burping.  I stopped taking the taurine and in about a week, the diarrhea and gas stopped and everything went back to normal.  My stools were normal and no more gas or diarrhea.   Then last week, I thought I would try the taurine again because I was having atrial fib attacks again.  I took taurine for only 2 days and I started having really bad diarrhea, which again was very yellow with excessive gas.  This has lasted for about 5 days and I have not really had any pain, just discomfort.  A little nausea and some weakness.  Now my stools are beginning to form again, but this time, they are pale color (dark blonde color) still have a lot of gas too.  It does not bother me while I sleep, just during the day after I eat. There were times in the past that when I eat a really greasy meal or a big meal, I would get diarrhea with cramps, but it only lasted a day and then things would be normal again.  I was wondering if this problem has anything to do with me taking taurine.  I did not have this type of problem with the yellow watery diarrhea and lots of gas, etc until I took the taurine.    
You should have that checked with your GI.  Pale stools are a sign that something is wrong.  I would be concerned with the gall bladder, liver and pancreas area.  There are tests the GI can do, like an ultrasound of the GI.  I don't know what the other tests are.