Palpatations, Hiatal Hernia and Gerd
Hi , I'm new here and have been diagnosed with Gerd, Hiatal Hernia and Gastritis .I would like to know is it possible for these conditions to cause Heart palpatations . I had this problem a few months ago  along with stomach problem also and  it lasted a couple weeks and now its back and have had it going on for three days , and also having problems with stomach so thus the question . Thank you for any input , Joy
any stress and anxiety on you or your system can cause palpatations.
i get them when i dont feel good,sick,stressfell situatuion,exct.
The quick answer is yes.  The hiatal hernia can interfere with the vagas nerve.  That nerve does many many things with the body, including regulating the heart rythme.  Many of us with hiatal hernias have palps or extra beats.   If you google Vagas nerve, you will have endless reading material.  There is a book you can get online (amazon etc) called Hiatal Hernia The Mother of All Syndromes.  I believe the authors name is Baroody.  It is an extreme view, but it helped me understand many of my syptoms.  Most MDs wont commit to symptoms caused by hiatal hernias, due to the lack of treatment options.  Good luck.
I agree. I've been having palps for a couple of weeks, and although I have not been diagnosed with hiatal hearnia, I believe that is what is causing my problem. Went to the Dr. and she put me on Omeprazol for suspicion of Gerd, but so far it hasn't helped. I am still having a lot of gas and belching, and a full feeling after eating. I think part of the cause might be due to weight gain, as I have gained about 15lbs over the last year. So I think I will try to lose some weight and see if that helps.