Gastroenterology Community
Palpatations, Hiatal Hernia and Gerd
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Palpatations, Hiatal Hernia and Gerd

Hi , I'm new here and have been diagnosed with Gerd, Hiatal Hernia and Gastritis .I would like to know is it possible for these conditions to cause Heart palpatations . I had this problem a few months ago  along with stomach problem also and  it lasted a couple weeks and now its back and have had it going on for three days , and also having problems with stomach so thus the question . Thank you for any input , Joy
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
701334_tn?1262857103
any stress and anxiety on you or your system can cause palpatations.
i get them when i dont feel good,sick,stressfell situatuion,exct.
Blank
Hello,
The quick answer is yes.  The hiatal hernia can interfere with the vagas nerve.  That nerve does many many things with the body, including regulating the heart rythme.  Many of us with hiatal hernias have palps or extra beats.   If you google Vagas nerve, you will have endless reading material.  There is a book you can get online (amazon etc) called Hiatal Hernia The Mother of All Syndromes.  I believe the authors name is Baroody.  It is an extreme view, but it helped me understand many of my syptoms (symptoms).  Most MDs wont commit to symptoms caused by hiatal hernias, due to the lack of treatment options.  Good luck.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...