Gastroenterology Community
Pancreas Help!!

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Pancreas Help!!

Hi i was wondering what are the main cause's that affect the tail of the pancreas..Also how fast can it worsen or cause problems with any other organs?

As i was recently told by my doctor that through an mri i had done they discovered something wrong the the tail of the pancreas..They were not sure what as i have to go for an endoscopy ultrasound sept 27 to find out the cause..Im kind worried that im waiting to months..Im looking for any info as to what it could be..Good or bad im all ears.. Below is a list of my symptoms ive had for 4 years..

Abdominal pain
Frequent bowels right after eating or drinking anything

*THE TOP THREE SYMPTOMS IVE HAD FOR 4 YRS THE LOWER ONES STARTED A COUPLE WEEKS AGO*

Weight loss im currently 91lbs at 25 years old(with the fact i have 2 children)
recently haveing alot of upper stomach pain
Pain the goes from under left ribs that spreads to the back side
Spine aches most of the time now
Problems lying doing when sleeping hurts on either side

Also i ha H.Pylori a yr ago i was treated for it now no longer have it..I should mention I have been tested for ibs crones disease about every bowel problem to name..I had a few ct scans mris ultrasound ..upper gi's ,3 colonoscopys..

Any ideas or suggestions would be great im not self diagnosing myself either thank you
I'm not the doctor and don't know, but the tail of the pancreas is pretty busy:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tail_of_pancreas
Has pancreatitis been ruled out? I ask because I have it right now. I had it 6 years ago too. It affected the tail of my pancreas and I have similar symptoms, such as pain in the left side under my ribs that radiates to the back, discomfort in my upper stomach and it hurts to lay down. I also have had problems for years with diarrhea right after a meal. When I had this 6 years ago I didn't know what it was but I would definitely have your doctor send you to have your pancreas enzyme levels checked. If they are elevated, you may have pancreatitis. I also found out from my doctor today that anomalies in the pancreas are a big cause in pancreatitis. You said that there is something wrong with your pancreas...perhaps this may be the reason?
Hi no nothing has been ruled out yet..I wont see my doctor till have sept27 the follow up of an undoscopy ultrasound ,which is kinda getting me mad im not waiting his long..How long did you have it for before they found out?
They mri showed a dilated pancreas tail..Now im lost