Pancrease Problems Here?
I am a 50-yr old male, non-smoking, non-drinking, 5
Hi - another possibility is gall stones or sludge. My late friend, who died of pancreatic tumour this year at age 39 yrs was misdiagnosed for 18 months as her symptoms being associated with Crohn's. She did have gall stones and had her bladder removed, but they then found a "secondary pancreatic tumour" - the primary was never found, even though she had excellent treatment at UCSF in San Francisco. I hope someone else with more relevant experience of pancreas problems comes on to help you. I would however see a gastro for a proper diagnosis. We are not doctors on this part of the site, and can only give you the benefit of our own experiences.
Good luck
Liz.
There are definitely other things that can mess up your pancreas aside from cancer.  Definitely see a gastroenterologist for proper diagnosis.  As already stated, you may only have sludge built up in the common bile duct.  That can slow the flow of bile, and since bile is what gives stool its color, you get light stools.  

The common duct handles both the flow of bile from the liver and the flow of enzymes from the pancreas.  The pancreas is a very sensitive organ, and when it can't properly release its enzymes, it can result in pancreatitis - a very painful and miserable condition that can take quite a while to get over.  Any problem with the sphincter of oddi can result in the same symptoms as well.  Either way, a gastro doc is who you need to see.

In the meantime, take NO alcohol - very hard on the pancreas, and try to eat low to no-fat meals, and make them smaller but perhaps more frequent.  Try not to jump to the cancer conclusion right away - there are too many other things to consider.
Liz & Jaybay - thanks for the responses.

I have had no abdominal pain to speak of, just pain in the low & mid-back region.  I have had some off/on digestive problems + reflux, but a recent endoscopy came back clean.  Also, recent blood tests for liver function (AST, ALT, Alk Phosphatase, bilirubin, protein & albumin) all came back OK.  The only thing I didn't like was the slightly low RBC (4.14) and the elevated glucose (106).  I read where elevated glucose could be a sign of a pancrease problem, but what is considered 'elevated' for this scenario.

Can there be a pancrease problem without pains in the front abdomen - only in the back?  All of my pain is in the mid-back, or below the shoulder blade, and with the 'yellowish' stool, the pancreas comes up on my searches.

Thanks.