Gastroenterology Community
Pancreatitis symptoms down to a T, raised lipase but was ruled out. Now...

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Pancreatitis symptoms down to a T, raised lipase but was ruled out. Now it's IBS, "COUGH"

I was in the ER twice over the past weekend with a pain in my upper left abdomen, my symptoms were-
-Mucus in my stools
-Nausea but not vommiting, gets worse when I eat
-Constipation
-Pain that seems to circulate to my back
-I get chills or a warm feeling and when I check my temp. it's normal
-Light headed and I pass out at least once every other day
-My heart seems to get to a face pace when I'm doing absolutely nothing, then making it hard to breath
- I'm always feeling tired and out of energy when I haven't done a thing

My G.I. doctor, on our very first visit diagnosed me with IBS without doing any blood word or tests. I've had a CT scan, no bowel obstruction or pancreatitis. Been to a kidney doctor, everything's fine there as well.
I was very upset with my doctor, I feel he didn't put in an effort so I then asked to take a stool sample, everythings normal. I have a colonoscopy and endoscopy scheduled next week. I had my gallbladdder removed this past february so it's not that either.
Any ideas or suggestions as to what this may be?
Is it possible that it could still be pancreatitis?
See an Endocrinologist ASAP.  Your endocrine system impacts every major organ in our bodies and if one thing is out of whack, it has a domino effect.  Your pancreas is in the area you are having pain, plus your tiredness, getting light headed makes me think it's endocrine related.

There are no tests for IBS, they can only go by your symptoms.  Good luck, I know how frustrated you must be.
You were right! I just got lab results back and i had low t3 levels, hopefully that solves all of  my promblems. I just didn't know it could go as far as digestive problems.
Thanks!
did the colonoscopy/upper gi solve your problems?
Not really, Colo was fine and the upper gi showed severe allergens apparently.
Things got really bad, I was passing out, having tremors, couldn't hold in any food so I fasted for 2 weeks and went to the ER 3 times. This was all because of my low thyroid but I've been taking meds for 2 days so far and feel so much better.
I'm sticking to really bland foods though, I think the allergy culprit is either corn or eggs.