Gastroenterology Community
Parasites in Colon

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Parasites in Colon

My nP reviewed the results of my colonscopy with me today and let me know that a parasite was found but said it was harmless and she wasn't going to treat it. is this normal to find during a colonscopy and is it okay to be left untreated?
I would not leave a parasite in me,..there are things you can do,..I would suggest going to a Natures store house,..or what kind of natural store, you have around you,  they sell Parasite cleanses,..There are many choices, so ask for advice, then I know you have to repeat the process,..I am not sure if it is ten days or two weeks after the first regiment,.. A good one locally (not sure of brand name) is about $50. per box,...This is what I would do,..And yes, parasites are normal to get, but I would never purposely leave them to roam my body!
Good Luck,.
Nikki, I'd ask what the name of the 'parasite' was and look into it a bit further. Many times the term 'parasite' is used in various ways and it may or may not be something to worry about.

Do you have a print out of the colonoscopy and can you read through it? That should give you some idea of what's going on.