Gastroenterology Community
Party Sick
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Party Sick

Every time my daughter who is 12 years old goes to a party she ends up either throwing up, having a stomache ache, or having diarrhea and sometimes all of these at the same time too.  We do not have this problem at home.  She has been doing this since a baby.  It is just when we go to parties though.  I now have to watch what she eats the whole time.  She can only have a few chips, one soda, and maybe a piece of cake or a sweet.  These parties are sometimes all day long, and I feel bad for her.  If she not watch and told what to eat, she will be sick all nigth long and sometimes a couple of days after that.  Is this something to be very concerned about or not?
Related Discussions
It sounds to me like your daughter may be suffering from some social anxiety.  Does she do okay at school?  This is a puzzling one!  But an all day party would stress me out too!  Have you tried talking to her?  Don't make it dramatic, just while doing something together, say something like "that was a long party wasn't it?"  or "sometimes I just don't feel like being at a party", make it about you and see if she makes any statements that may be a clue.  Something at these parties seems to be stressing her out, and as adults they can be streesful for us!  I would just try to get a dialogue going, maybe if it's only a sentence or two every other day.  Does she act differently prior to the party, and is she social while there?  Just another mom trying to help you figure this out.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...