Passing black stool
I've been having a serious condition since February after having a severe panic attack.
It started with me passing green stool. I kept looking at stupid stuff on the internet at this time, about how it could be a serious condition. A few nights later I passed red liquid and thought it was blood, and had a panic attack.

Later did I know it was only food dye from a red drink, but ever since that night, I've been somewhat suggested to have IBS by an Emergency Room doctor. For a long time, all my symptoms have been very similar to what IBS suggests.

I also have had frequent urination since that night, right after the panic attack.

Regarding the topic title:
Now, I've been passing black stool, but this never has happened until after the day I ate chocolate cake.
I am worried and confused if it might be blood, or if I shouldn't be worrying and that it could only be from the birthday cake. I can imagine it being the cake because it could probably end up as the texture my stool had after being digested, and it's pretty much the same color, but it very much leads to it looking a lot like melena.

I can't afford to go to the doctor right now so please answer my question. Thank you.
Black stool is always of concern.  It represents an upper GI bleed.  The closer the bleed is to the anus, the brighter the blood will be.  Don't panic, it may just be from some bacteria or an ulcer, but you truly need to have it checked out.  See if you can find a clinic in your area that can see you.  I understand the lack of money, seems a lot of us are dealing with this.  But you can't afford to wait on your symptoms, because if you do it may lead to a lot more expense, and threaten your health.  Maybe a relative can help you out with the costs. You may even qualify for a medicaid medical card, worth checking into.  Take care....
To be honest I have been having excess bile, that could probably give me an ulcer.