Periods of bloating, flatulence, chills, frequent urination
I am 23 and I am a fairly active male . I noticed that whenever i have a period of inactivity, say from work (desk job) or long flights, I experience bloating, excessive gas, frequent urination , cold at my extremities and the urge to defecate frequently (5 times a day). However, once I start becoming active again (say hitting the gym, or hiking), the feeling starts to subside and I become normal. But this small problem has been bothering me for quite a long time as I am out for at least a week before I can get back to normalcy. I have visited doctors, and they have suggested many things from lactose intolerance, to ibs, to infection of the colon, all of which have not been very effective. Is there anyone who feels the same way, and is there a diagnosis for this?

This discussion is related to Extremely gassy and poop a lot.
Hi there!

Well, without a detailed clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. Possibilities that may need to be considered include GI/ GU infections, inflammations, GI motility disorders, malabsorption syndromes, IBS, hormonal/ endocrine causes, stress/ anxiety etc. I would suggest getting this evaluated by a primary care physician initially and depending on the cause diagnosed/ suspected, it can be managed accordingly or specialist care may be sought.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!