Gastroenterology Community
Persistent abdominal pain

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Persistent abdominal pain

My name is Barr 15 year old diagnosed celiac for 5 years.
A month ago, I got up one morning with a fever of 39.5 (which did not come down with any pill), plus I felt severe abdominal pain, nausea and vomiting.
After 48 hours the fever went down by herself, but I was left with severe abdominal pain and nausea and vomiting, I was hospitalized at a local hospital where I conducted a number of tests (such as gastroscopy, three including one Gnicolgi ultrasound, pregnancy test!, And x-ray) All the above tests were normal except for a one blood test inflammatory markers showed all had disappeared after 24 hours.
I was hospitalized for a month and a half, I suffered excruciating pain and analgesic blown (Aoksicot, Tramadex, Optalgin IV paracetamol and more ..)
About a week ago while I was still hospitalized, I felt severe pain in the left lower abdomen (always left side hurt more but this time the pain was targeted)
I felt a kind of exile in contact, and abdomen began to swell the left side only.
Sent for another ultrasound which said that this fluid mass on the right side there is also a larger form (which I have not worked out since the facts on the left where it supposedly smaller is more prominent, painful, and swollen).
I was discharged home with Optalgin while still suffering unbearable pain, and I appeal to as many other opinions that might be able to help me understand why I continue to suffer......
Hey Barr!

Well, without knowing the relevant clinical details or a detailed clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. Possibilities that may need to be considered include GI/ GU infections, inflammations, growths/ masses, GI motility issues, neuro-muscular cause etc. The mass described is likely to have developed secondary to infection/ inflammation. Unfortunately there is little help that we would be able to provide online. It would be best to discuss the situation and the suggested management plan in detail with your treating doctor/ gastroenterologist.
Hope the information is helpful.

Take care!