Gastroenterology Community
Pill stuck in

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Pill stuck in

Recently, I swallowed an antibiotic pill (those rubbery-plastic pills which comes in 2 colors).
I think I didn't swallow it properly and I drank cold water to swallow it that time.

Now, I feel like the pill is stuck in around my mid-chest area.
It's not painful or anything, but mildly uncomfortable.
When I drink water or eat food, I can feel the "thing" down there.
Even when I don't eat / drink, I can still feel the thing stuck there.

It's been about 1.5 days, but I don't wanna go doctor yet, maybe some time later if problem is still there.
Not sure if require surgery......:(

I've tried drinking hot water to melt away the thing and jumping up and down, but seems useless.
I'm gonna drink Coca-Cola tomorrow to see what happens.

Any advice in the meantime? Or will the pill dissolve by itself after a few more days?
I'm guessing the pill isn't stuck anymore even though you feel like it is.  First of all, your esophagus is made to help move food down.  Plus, pills are meant to dissolve fairly rapidly in the first place, so all your digestive juices and enzymes like saliva probably dissolved it by now if it were stuck.  And if it were really stuck, all the food you have been eating since you have taken it would have probably backed up by now up to your throat.  Give it a few days to see if the feeling goes away.  If it doesn't then you can go to the doctor and they will just put a scope down real quick to see if anything is stuck and reassure you.