PillCAM stuck! Anyone else?
I was hospitalized with what I was told was a dilated intestine? My symptoms were vomiting uncontrollably, abdominal distension( I looked like I was 8 mo. Pregnant!) and excruciating lower abdominal pain.  Let me preface this by saying I had a subtotal colectomy and ileo-anal anastomosis 14 yrs ago and now have. J pouch so I know what blockages feel like and this felt like either complete or partial blockage. Nonetheless after 3 or 4 hrs of being on IV fluid, dry heaving and pain meds, they ran a ct scan. When the Dr. came to me they asked me "Have you been shot"? I said no. Ten minutes later they asked me if I had a pill camera done Recently? AHA! I had a pill camera but not recently...7 months before! Was it possible this camera was lodged in a stricture and noone, not even Dr. Had followed up? Just 1 month before I ingested the pillcam I had a colonoscopy and endoscopy to rule out any other disease process and check for strictures. I was told that these two procedures cannot see the entire length of small intestine since I don't have my colon and large intestine anymore. Is this true? And wouldn't the Dr. Be able to identify Crohn's disease with the colonoscopy and endo? I would also like to know how would they remove camera? Because I had a total laparascopic assisted vaginal hysterectomy 3 weeks ago he said I will have to wait 6-8 weeks to have darn thing taken out! Please help?
THANKS
T
I am so mad! Mine is stuck after 3months in my colon and now waiting to hear from a GI doctor to see what they can do. I was bleeding from my colon and that’s why an endoscopy and colonoscopy were done in the first place... how in the hell will my camera be taken out? They say it’s stuck in my colon.  Any ideas?WIN5