Pilonidal cyst?
I have what I believe is the beginning of a pilonidal cyst. My sister had one last year that got infected and had to be lanced. I can feel it as a lump near my tailbone that moves a little if i push on it.
It's not infected, but I think it is getting bigger. It used to be that it just hurt while I was doing sit ups, so I stopped doing them, thinking it was just how my tailbone was shaped. But now its getting a little uncomfortable to sit certain ways.

Is there any way to treat or remove it while it's still in its beginning stages, or do I have to wait until it gets infected to treat it?

Would an antibiotic be helpful?

Also, from all the research my sister and I have done, it makes it sound like only sweaty fat men get these (which we obviously aren't).... is there anything else it could be?
No, it's not a "big hairy guy" thing.  It was initially thought to be so because many times hair is found inside the cyst.   A person is either born with pilonidal dimples or isn't.  Over time, those dimples can fill up with debris and a cyst is born.

The less you bother that cyst, the less chance you'll have of it getting infected and getting bigger.  If it gets big enough, and interferes with your life enough, you could have a surgeon evaluate it for removal.  That surgery isn't exactly as easy as it sounds, because the skin in that area moves and stretches so much.  It's not something I would let my family doc take a stab at in the office.  You'll be in better hands with a colo-rectal surgeon or a general surgeon.  Even with surgery these things can, and do, come back sometimes after years.