Please help, need a little advice....
I have been suffering with bloating, gas, constipation, sometimes very loose stools, nausea, pain in my sternum and under my rib cage for over a year, doctor sent me for ultrasound recently and they cannot find my gallbladder, I have never had it removed oh and i've lost 2stone in 2 months.... now my doctor wants to send me to a specialist but says there is no rush... should I see another doctor?
Hi there,
These symptoms are suggestive of gall bladder disease, gastroesophageal reflux disease; irritable bowel syndrome.Non visualization of gall bladder on ultrasound could possibly be due to faulty technique or build up of gas in the duodenum or bowel obscuring the view of gall bladder. A person is asked to eat a fat-free meal on the evening before the test and then to avoid eating for 8 to 12 hours before the test. You may need a CT scan of the abdomen. Do discuss it with your doctor. Hope it helps.
Best luck and regards!