Gastroenterology Community
Please help..constant painful burping

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Please help..constant painful burping

So atleast since last July or August, I've been getting really bad constant painful burping. Its gotten worse over the months, sometimes so bad that it affects my life enough that i just lay in bed all day curled up in a ball because it hurts so bad. Also have had pain in my lower right side, occasionally, and other stomach pains. And headaches, lots of head aches. Occasional rash on arms, unknown reason. And since about October, occasional nautiousness.
  Its not acid reflux. After doing some research for awhile, since about december, i thought i was lactose intolerant. The symptoms seemed right, and i stopped eating most dairy products for awhile, then found a digestive help for lactose intolerance at walmart that you take once a day. it seemed to be helping for a while..but now it hasnt been the last few weeks..and wasnt 100% effective in the first place. I visited the ER in january for the stomach pain, and they didnt find anything abnormal. Within the last week ive been getting really bad mix of hiccups and burping for almost an hour or more at a time, theyre painful, and my stomach cramps up.
   Other research i've done has said it could be from large amounts of anxiety, but could just anxiety really cause all that? I dont know what to do, maybe go to the doctor? but i dont really want to, im afraid they wont find anything, or worse that theyll find something more serious..
   I'm 17, and female, weigh about 160. Any help is greatly appreciated..i just want to feel better..this isnt normal and im worried.

You should go see a doctor.  When I first became lactose intolerant the lactaid pills helped a first.  Soon afterward though they stopped working.  If you think it is lactose intolerance, you should cut out all lactose for a week and see if your symptoms go away.  That means all lactose including milk, cheese, butter (no muffins, cookies, cakes), etc.  One test you can do at home is to have someone watch you when you are not aware of it and have them see if you are swallowing unconsciously when you are not eating.