Polycystic Liver Disease
I am a white female who was diagnoised in 2000, at the age of 44 with Autosomal Dominant Polycystic Liver & Kidney Diseases. I had liver surgery in early 2001 at a hospital in Detroit to unroof about 7 of the cyst so that they would drain. The largest one was approx 6 inch in diameter and contained almost 2 liters of fluid. The doctors said it was the largest one they have ever seen. I have about 50 smaller ones that are still in there and have to be monitored by regular MRIs to make sure they don't grow too huge. I have Polycystic Kidney Disease also. At the present time only 3 smaller cyst there. I was in the hospital for 5 days following my 8 1/2 hour liver surgery. I was in extreme pain for 5 weeks after the surgery and don't think I would ever have anything like that done again. I also had a large abdominal hernia that was directly related to the Polycystic Diseases I have. I have 2 daughters and I'm worried that they have the diseases too, being as the likelyhood to be passed from parent to child is 50%.
Has anyone else had this type of surgery for this disease? Also, are there any treatments for these diseases?  

This discussion is related to fluid filled liver cysts and elevated enzymes in my liver.